STILA ILLUMINATING LIQUID FOUNDATION REVIEW

Sunday 27 December 2015


Here I am with another foundation review. I swear I am trying really hard to stop buying foundations but I just can't help it, I seem to have an obsession with them! So yeh, this time I decided to go for Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation. I recently went to a make up outlet and I saw that this foundation, normally £25 was reduced to £5.99 so I had to get it as it was such a good bargain!

'Picture perfect skin is now a reality', ' Sheer to medium coverage that hides flaws and imperfections', 'Luminous and airbrush look' and 'Silky semi-matte finish' is how Stila describes this foundation.

If you know me or have read previous post you might know that I love trying out new foundations but this time I was a little bit disappointed.
With the price tag of £25 I honestly expected a little bit more when it comes to coverage and lasting. I find this foundation a little bit hard to blend and you have to do it really fast as it dries quite quick. I also don't like the smell, you can definitely smell the chemicals in it.
At first it feels very sticky on your skin but after a few minutes it settles and it feels quite light. I would say this is a light to medium coverage as it didn't hide my spots and it doesn't last all day at all. As for the 'illuminating', with that name I thought it would give my skin a healthy glow but it didn't at all, in fact I found it quite dull on my skin.

I guess I could say that this foundation is 'ok' on a good skin day when you have to leave the house for a couple of hours but that's it.

Overall, I am not impressed at all and if I had paid the full amount I would've been very upset. I do not think this foundation is worth that amount of money and if I'm being honest, I don't even think I'd buy again for £5.99 either! The only good thing about this foundation is the packaging, I love the matte glass bottle!

Have you tried this foundation? Did it work for you?
xxx

5 comments :

  1. At first I thought, what an amazing bargain but it doesn't sound like it was worth the money at all! I really like finding new foundations as I like a medium to heavy coverage so I will have to read some more of your reviews. I usually use Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation and I've not found a better one yet!

    A Literary Cocktail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to get a new foundation, and i'd like to try something a bit different! reduced to £5.99 is good but this one doesn't seem worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This foundation sounds incredible.

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a shame this didn't live up to expectations because I would expect a lot for the price! I have heard amazing things too! Xx

    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the packaging but I'm so disappointed that it wasn't very good!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete