MICELLAR CLEANSING WATER, IS IT WORTH THE HYPE?

Saturday 7 November 2015



It's no lie that Garnier Micellar water has been talked about a lot so it's no surprise I ended up buying to see what the whole hype was about. Literally 99% of the reviews I had read about this product were great so I was super excited and really looking forward to try this super amazing product that everybody raved about.

Well, whilst I agree that it's refreshing and doesn't irritate my eyes, this product was a big fat disappointment for me. I honestly do not get the good reviews this product is receiving!

I used it every day for two weeks and here's my thoughts.

When it comes to taking make up off, I feel like it really didn't do a great job. I use a very thin foundation as well so I can't even imagine what is like if you use a thick foundation like ColorStay every day. I noticed that I had to use a lot of product and it was very hard to control how much came out of the bottle. I had too use at least 5-6 cotton pads and a lot of patience to remove my make up and to be honest, by the time I'm taking my make up off is probably late at night and all I want is go to bed so I found it quite annoying that it took me over five minutes to completely clean my face as I didn't feel like my face was cleared of make up and I had to then go back to my normal routine which obviously added another good few minutes.

This product also didn't work on my waterproof mascara, I honestly looked like a little panda and it was so hard to get rid of the black eyes that I eventually gave up and used my regular cleansing milk (N7 Cleansing Lotion).

Despite being refreshing, I've noticed that in the last two weeks my skin has been feeling a lot dryer as well and I think it could be due to using this cleanser as I've just got back to my normal routine and it already feels slightly better.

So for me this product didn't work at all and I won't be buying it again. Is it really worth the hype? No. Like I said before, I really don't get why people like this product so much, sure it's cheap but it doesn't really do the job. I much prefer spending a little bit more money and get it done in a minute than having to sit there for ages rubbing my make up off.

What do you think? Do you love this cleansing water or do you agree with me that this isn't worth all the hype?


9 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing a really great, honest review! I have been wanting to try this for a while but for some reason just haven't yet, I do wear waterproof mascara so its a shame that it doesn't remove that but I do use a separate eye makeup remover anyway!

    alice x // beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I actually love this as a pre-cleanse. I use it to remove the bulk of my makeup before cleansing with an oil and haven't really had any problems when it comes to removing mascara, try holding the pad over you eyelid for a few seconds before swiping - I find it dissolves the makeup away a bit :)

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I will definitely try that! I'm always very impatient when it comes to taking my make up off! haha

      Delete
  3. I'm surprised that it's not that good. I see it everywhere and I wanted to try it out for my skin only as I read somewhere that's healthier using this on face than washing face with water. Have you tried it using it instead of water? And then use other products to remove make up? Would love to know if it works this way. Great post by the way x

    Dovile
    Http://www.dovilefashion.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame you didn't like this product. I absolutely love it, although I have never used it to remove my make-up. I use it like a toner and find it really brightens and cleanses the skin but I wouldn't like to try it on a full face of make-up as I think it would be too much hassle! x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, maybe I should just use it as a toner a couple of days a week see if it doesn't dry my face as much as if I use it every day!

      Delete
  5. I'm absolutely with you on this - I wrote a post on micellar waters recently, they just... they aren't really a thing. It's just a cheap, basic make-up remover that doesn't work properly for eyes! No special ingredients, nothing that hasn't been around for decades under another name. No idea what the fuss is about!

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad someone agrees with me! Haha Everybody seem to love it and I really don't know why! xx

      Delete
  6. I think there's been a lot of hype around this product, and although I find it really refreshing and have been using it daily I'm not sure I'll re-buy it. Purely because (like you) I've found it's useless for taking off my mascara - and mine's not even waterproof!

    ReplyDelete