REVLON COLORSTAY 24H REVIEW

Wednesday 28 October 2015



Here I am with yet again another foundation review. I know, I know, I have way too many foundations already and I just got another one. I just can't help it, ok?

Anyway, I have been wanting the Revlon Colorstay 24h foundation (£12.99) for ages and for one reason or another I never got around to buying it but last week I decided enough is enough and I just went ahead and bought it. I've been wearing it for a few days now to make sure I test it properly before writing a review. I think I now have a pretty good idea of how it worked on me so let's just get to it!

I'm going to start talking about the packaging as always. I do love that it is in a glass bottle as glass bottles always look more expensive and sexy, however it doesn't come with a pump or a stick which was probably one of the reasons why it took me so long to buy it. But it's ok, I will get over it.
The texture of this foundation is a little bit too thick for my liking so I have to put very little amount and build it up rather than doing it all in one go. I feel that if I don't put any powder on top it feels a little bit sticky and even cakey. But then again, I am used to the YSL Fusion Ink foundation which is super thin and soft so anything slightly thicker I can feel it straight away.
As for the coverage, it does cover pretty much everything on my face and it does evens out all the colours on my face. At first glance I didn't really like how it looked on me as I looked really plain but once the bronze and all the rest is done it looks really good and flawless. Of course I haven't tried it for twenty-four hours straight as I have to sleep or I die, but I have worn it for a whole day from 7am to 9pm or so and it does stay in place so I am quite impress with that.
As for the colour range, there's plenty of shades to chose from so I think there will be a close shade for every skin.

Overall, I do like this foundation and I will be using it often I think. I don't love it for the simple fact that I prefer lighter foundations but it does what it says, it covers any imperfections and it is very long lasting.

Have you ever tried Revlon Colorstay 24h foundation? What do you think of it?



2 comments :

  1. I've been so torn about buying this one. On one hand I need something heavier than my usual super-liquidy Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation to help cover some post-breakout pigmentation, on the other hand I'm terrified of anything heavy! It' like just a *tiny* bit too expensive to pick up and not care if I don't like it as I would with other drugstore foundations, y'know? Definitely into the idea of something as long lasting as that though - 7 until 9 is really impressive!

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, I know exactly what you mean! £13 is not cheap.. Not too expensive but not cheap either, that's another reason why it took me so long to actually get it! Xx

      Delete